I’m so excited to share the news that I’m going to Punta Cana this coming weekend! Marco is taking me for my birthday and I didn’t want to spill the beans until he booked the trip which happened a couple nights ago.
The initial plan was Mexico, but we couldn’t find anything that looked like it would be as good as last year’s trip, without spending a silly fortune. Then we came across the new Breathless resort and it was almost a given. We hesitated for a minute, I think simply to switch our hearts from Mexico to Dominican, and Marco surprised me by booking it. Woohoo!
I pulled a few things from my closet that I’d like to bring along with me; obviously this isn’t everything, but a few key pieces. As always, I’m going to try and plan outfits and pack in advance so I don’t overpack–but when does that ever happen (the answer we are looking for here is never).
Photo details after the jump…
From top left (clockwise):
1. iPad mini | I love having wifi on vacation; to me, it’s enjoyable to be connected and nice to have the option if I want to be.
2. Vero Moda flamingo pashmina | I’ve had this for a year, brought it with me to Mexico, and never used it. I’m determined to use it this year.
4. Ardene hat | I forgot my hat last year and we quickly stopped at Ardene on our way to the airport and I grabbed this one. It turned out to be great so no need to purchase anything new.
5. Liliana wedges | Since I purchased these in the winter, they have only be worn once, for my bestie’s indoor baby shower. I think they will be perfect for dinner on the resort.
5. Bench cut-offs | Picked these up last summer and they are snug and don’t ride up.
6. Zara nude heels | I’m on the fence as to whether I should bring these since they are a heel and not a wedge but since I just purchased them, I want to wear them asap.
7. Vero Moda skirt | This is stretchy, snug and has a twisted hemline, it’s also super comfy and chic for day or night.
8. Forever 21 sweater | It’s pretty rare you need a sweater down south but I think this open knit one would be sweet over a bikini or with cut-offs at night when the temps do drop.
9. Jergens Natural Glow | Since I don’t tend to sit out, I am pre-planning by using this daily to build some colour so ms. whitey doesn’t look so ghostly.
10. Garnier Fructis leave-in conditioner | This is my go-to after I wash my hair; brushing without it is a tangly mess.
11. (centre) Ardene bikini | I picked this up last year but haven’t worn it yet, but the cut is so killer. I will definitely be bringing along several swimsuits (like this one), but wanted to highlight this one since it’s an inexpensive yet fun find.