With Halloween approaching, I wanted to share some cool DIY costumes I’ve come up with. I will be featuring three different costumes this week and Minnie Mouse is the first!
I have wanted to be Minnie Mouse for a couple of years but never made it happen…until now This was the perfect opportunity to experiment with making my own costume. While I actually do own Minnie ears–a treat I convinced my Mom I needed when I was 5 years old visiting Disney World–I’ve come up with a super simple way to make your own (and are much more comfortable, to be honest).
Additionally, since I didn’t have a red-and-white polka dot top, I made one by cutting out white circles of paper and taping them to my top!
You will need:
* Construction paper (black only, as it turns out)
* A headband
* 3 Red pipe-cleaners
* Glue gun
1. Trace out two large ‘ears’ from black construction paper. I used a soup bowl.
2. Leave a fold-able section at the bottom when you cut your circles; this will be to fold under your headband.
3. I cut an extra rectangular piece out and taped it to the top of the exposed headband for a cleaner look.
4. Using three pipe-cleaners, make two triangles and attach them by wrapping the third one around to create a centre piece to your bow.
Get the look at Place d’Orleans:
* Faux leather skirt | Ardene
* Supplies | Dollarama
* Top | find simlar at Jacob
* Opaque tights | The Bay
Stay tuned for two more very different DIY Halloween costumes coming this Wednesday and Friday!
* This post is sponsored by Place d’Orleans, the mall I vlog for. As always, thanks for reading & for supporting my sponsors! Be sure to check out the Place d’Orleans Facebook page for more information & promotions happening within the mall.