Since going gluten-free (ish), I’ve become quite creative with a few of my recipes. I haven’t made crepes in many months, but was slightly missing them and figured there must be an alternative to my original whole wheat flour. Enter oatmeal, which I ground up to make a flour and presto chango, these crepes were born!
yields 2 crepes (double the recipe for more)
* 1/2C Oatmeal ground up (I used my Magic Bullet)
* 1 Egg
* 1/2C Milk (I used almond milk)
* 1/2C Water
* 1 scoop of your fave protein (or omit this step altogether if you’re not into that sort of thang)
* A pinch of salt (if you want)
1. In a medium bowl, mix together oatmeal flour & eggs (& protein)
2. Add in milk & water which will make it thick
3. Using a balled up papertowel, I like to dip it in coconut oil and coat my pan. It shouldn’t be dripping with oil, just a light coating so it’s non-stick (think the amount of cooking spray would give you)
4. Pour your batter in the pan and moving the pan ensure it coats the entire bottom
5. Do not walk away! This will cook in under a minute and you often don’t need to flip it.
6. Slide onto a plate, spread with your favourite jam or peanut butter, or just load with berries, fold up & enjoy!